Friday, July 6, 2007

check this out!



I'm just fiddling around with what I can do with my blog. I wondered if this video from my photobucket would work...it turns out it really does! So, let's backflash to the summer of 2005, when Brian and I were sea kayak guides in the San Juans.

You know how when you live somewhere, or do something all the time, you take it for granted? LIke seeing the whales like this was our job, so I always thought, "oh, next time I'll get a good picture or a cool video." You know I never did! This little video, that will probably make you dizzy, was taken by my cousin Lara. Brian and I led a private trip with my parents and Suzanne, Uncle Rusty, and Lara. We happened upon Super Pod - which means all three of the resident pods that live around the islands during the summer were meeting up for a family reunion. This happened to us twice throughout the summer and it happened to be once when family was there.

We are sitting in sea kayaks as the whales just cruised right by us.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThis little Island is Stuart Island, upon which it is my dream to own a piece of property and have a yurt or a little earthen house. The view of one side of the island is of the straight, where the whales pass by frequently.

Wish everyone could have been there to see it!

Let me know if you can view the video.

3 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

that is amazing video!!!!!!!

Becky Swann said...

Oh my goodness Megan and I were sitting in our beach chairs 2 weeks ago and were saying how cool it would be to just see a whale like this swim by! I remember you telling me about this but didn't know how beautiful it is!!
A+ blogging

Heidi and Richard King said...

Wow, I had no idea you could see whales that close. I am impressed...what a cool job!