Monday, May 28, 2007

"Squirt Boat"





It isn't that I, myself, am terribly excited about this new purchase; however, seeing as Brian doesn't really get into the whole blog scene, I decided to utilize this time to portray what Brian WOULD most likely blog about, were he someone who did...
This Saturday we drove to the Ocoee to pick up what hasn't ceased to be talked about in our household for a long time. A squirt boat. If you aren't familiar with one, let me tell you a little about this contraption. It is a kayak, not built for running rivers or waterfalls, but for catching eddie lines and forcefully submerging yourself beneath the surface of the water, as well as doing other interesting moves in. It is built so that when sitting in it in water, you are actually just below the surface of the water, so it is very small and very form-fitting. When we got home, we immediately set it to the test on our lake. A nearby fisherman exclaimed, much to my amusement, " looks like you just about lost your boat, son."
I have never understood Brian's excitement for this particular type of boat, although I am sure many people don't understand our shared excitement for other kayaks, so I certainly won't press the matter.
In other news, school is steadily winding to a close. I give my final exam tomorrow. I have been working on a slideshow for the middle school's moving up ceremony Thursday night and I'm quite pleased. I have discovered I-DVD on our macs. It is an awesome program. I'm going to making DVDs for everything now! I'm beginning to get really sad. I'm suddenly realizing - or at least I think- I'm going to miss my first little students! I think I'm going to boo-hoo when they "move up" to high school Thursday. Isn't that funny? I thought I would strangle them all year and now I'm all misty-eyed!!
My family is on their way to GA for my cousin's wedding this weekend and I'm looking forward to their stay. June will be a super-freaky-busy month, but lots of things I'm excited about.
That about wraps up my update. cheers!

3 comments:

Becky Swann said...

That is a funny picture of that guy saying that to Brian. Glad he is still loving to boat. Glad you are doing good too!!! MISS YOU BOTH

Sunday Grant Photography said...

boating is what took worth so long to marry me :) but i still think it is really fun to watch! good job getting a squirt boat i am pretty sure that worth has one that he could have sold him. not real sure though.

Shanna Mac said...

hi. i'm a friend of a friend of a friend (or something like that). hope your school year came to a good close. i taught middle school lang arts for many years (mostly 8th grade), and it's so hard to say farewell to them (most of them, anyway). just wanted to say hello...