Sunday, May 20, 2007

An eventful week...






My little Indian sister has returned! We got to fly to Omaha last week and suprise my dad on his birthday, and remain to suprise my sister who flew home from her year as an exchange student in India. Unfortunately, our suprise didn't work for Suz because the word leaked out...but I don't think she was dissappointed to see us, and we certainly weren't sad to see her! She looks very different with the hair and the piercings and the henna tattoos, no?

After a lovely family visit, we flew home and into the most stressfull week of my life so far (unless I'm blocking out some big exam weeks in college. A close call). The Middle School play was this weekend! All our hard work looked pretty hopeless at Thursday night's dress rehearsal, but Friday night came, the curtain opened, and they came alive and delivered a WONDERFUL show! I couldn't be more proud of my first students! We performed again Saturday to a less responsive crowd and had a main character get a major nose bleed in the middle of it, but I think I smiled all night I was so pleased with the kids.

The beautiful flowers are what they presented me with at the close of the show. They each had a pink carnation in their hands at curtain call and I didn't even know it! SO CUTE! I will get some still shots of the kids on here soon.

So, now that the yearbook is finished and the play is over, exams are next. Getting through this should be a piece of cake. I am looking forward to the summer and weddings and seeing friends and family.

1 comment:

Becky Swann said...

oh that is so great about the play! I wish I could have helped you! Susie looks like a native Indian! I'm glad you got to see her!