Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thankful...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am thankful for so many things! Where do I begin? Well, let me share 2007's Phillips Family Thanksgiving Adventure...told by Dexter.

So it all started out when my parents packed up our car with all their stuff, including me, picked up Uncle Chris from his apartment at the school, and headed off into oblivion one fine Friday after school. I was content for the 8 hour ride to Uncle Chris's family's farm in West Virginia...man! what a place! We got to spend two days roaming around this 300 acre horse farm, and I hung out with my new friends Spitball (my mom kept laughing at that name), Audrey, and Copper.

We loaded up the car again, minus crazy Uncle Chris, and headed toward Pittsburgh, PA. Mom was super excited about seeing her good friend Bridget for the first time in FIVE years! I was excited when we got to her house because I got to meet Ruby! What a babe! We got to go to the dog park in Pittsburgh and play for hours! woohoo!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Onward we went, after some good fun at Ruby's house. Conway, PA was our next stop. This was my dad's grandmother's house. We saw all the family, and though it was fun, sadly, I was banished to the top of the stairs while everyone made a big fuss about Thanksgiving dinner.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
They let me come down while they ate, though. That was worth it. It smelled delicious!

This is the best part! The next morning it snowed!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I got to go to yet another dog park, this time in the snow and I met even more friends. On our drive home, my dad backed our car into a "decorative wall" at a restaurant where we stopped. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketHe was so mad...I think it's going to be fixed, though.

and last, but not least, a pit stop in good ol' black mountain. Here I am with my twin, Indie. Our parents kept mixing us up. It was hilarious! Hopefully Uncle Nick will bring Indie to visit with me soon! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(okay, this is me for real) It's seems dumb to follow that little anecdotal silliness with the reality of what I'm thankful for, but I blog so little, I might as well get it all out at once.

I'm so thankful for family and I am so thankful for friends. I love that no matter where we are in life, we always have open doors around the country and around the world of friends to welcome us in. I'm thankful we are able to travel. I am thankful for holidays and spending time with family. I'm so thankful that my sister and parents will soon be living closer to me! I'm thankful for jobs, even though I don't always leap out of bed each morning to greet the day with open arms, I remember what it was like without one. I'm thankful for a home in a beautiful place. I'm thankful for my hubbie and his patient demeanor.

Thanksgiving has passed and the hustle bustle of the holidays are definitely here, but I hope I'll continue to give thanks to God each day for what I have in this life.

I'm sorry my pictures are so big. (and darn it! it cut off most of the pictures!!!grrrrr.) Macs don't like blogger, so I'm looking into a .mac account to start a new blog there. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paws to Dexter for putting his tail into Thanksgiving! I enjoyed it. So cute too at the top of the stairs!

Becky Swann said...

I'm thankful for you guys it was good to see you on the way back from your journey, you too Dexter! You will always have friends at our house!!

Unknown said...

So funny. I remember when Dexter was just a little pup, I mean , sorry, Dexter I remember when you were little.
Wish we'd gotten to see you, sad we couldn't come to Becky's that day.

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

It's about time we got to hear from Dexter on this blog! What a cutie! I have to ask why was he banished to the top of the stairs...we could have heard so much more about the festivities if he could have seen what was going on. :-)

I miss you guys!!! You have a place with us here in Hawaii any time! It's been too long since we've seen each other. I'm so glad you do blog. It's great to glimpse into your life there in the Gap.

I have a Mac too (love it! will never buy a PC again) and the only thing aggravating about it is blogger so I'm growling at bloggers mac glitches with you! ;-)

Heidi and Richard King said...

Oh, it was so great to see some more pictures and glimpses into your life. I wish we lived closer to see you more. Looks like life it good though and I am thankful for that.