Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tag...


So, Becky has tagged me and I must comply. For what excuse do I have? Here I am sitting around avoiding grading tests.

So, here are the 10 most incredible, juicy, secretive, intresting things you never knew about me...

1. I spent a lot of years of my life thinking I wanted to be a professional dancer. (a ballerina, in fact.)

2. I went to drama/dance camp with Mandy Moore, Christine Lakin, Corri English, and some other people you may or may not have seen on tv. (actually, if you ever came over to my house, you knew that because I would have made you watch camp videos..right Becky?)

3. I still feel guilty about telling all my friends in fifth grade I had gotten glasses because I needed them, when actually I had gotten fake glasses at Claire's. ( I still remember the heart to heart me and my dad had when I cried about it)

4. I would like to own an organic bakery and coffee shop one day in the fairly distant future.

5. I love being a wife, and I enjoy taking care of a household, but I HATE (passionately) both ironing and folding fitted sheets.

6. When I was younger, I was EXTREMELY shy, and it wasn't until I was in fifth grade and got into acting that I began to actually talk to people I didn't know really well. I still have major issues with talking on the telephone.

7. I have been seriously contemplating becoming vegetarian lately.

8. I have lived on three different continents...not at the same time... that would be tricky.

9. When I first met Brian, I had this HUGE crush on him. I kinda stalked him one day from my dorm room window, and when I saw him get in the car with another girl ( just a friend, I found out later) I balled my eyes out. I'm not really sure if I ever even told Brian that story. I told you this was juicy!

10. We're trying to get pregnant! This month was our second try, to no avail, and Friday night, I cried when I found out. I know it's silly. I need to be patient....that's another thing I struggle with.

So, if you learned new things about me, that you didn't already know, then this game really is pretty fun. I suppose I have to tag people now...but I have nowhere near 10 people who actually read my blog that aren't already involved in this. I challenge my baby sister, Suzanne. It will be a test to see if she really reads my blog....hmmm.

8 comments:

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

I enjoyed reading your "tag" much more than thinking up my own! It makes me miss you more than ever! I am so excited for this new time in your lives! Come visit us in Hawaii! It's very romantic. It's probably one of the most perfect places in the world to do that sort of thing...IF you know what I mean. Hmmm on second thought I think it would really weird me out if I knew you and Brian were trying to do that in OUR house. So here's the deal come to Hawaii and just hang out with me and Jason and have kids later there's time. Deal?

I miss you and also suffer from phone issues but will try to get past that and give you a call oh so very soon!

Becky Swann said...

Oh man where to start, I felt like commenting on all of those, ok first thing Don't become a vegetarian if you are trying to get pregnant, you need that protein!! you will end up craving meat anyway, on that note, Yipee that you are trying don't be sad, we tried for a while too, I got sad too, look at me now:) Just have fun, I miss that ol' camp video. you made me laugh in a "I really miss this little MC way" several times throughout your list. I did a similar thing to the glasses story but it involved a bent up paper clip and a little tale that it was really my retainer. :)

Sunday Grant Photography said...

man there are a lot of things to comment on. first i graduated high school with christine lakin. in fact just saw her at my high school reunion. yeah for getting pregnant that is so awesome. i mean i know that you are not yet pregnant, but you are trying and that is so awesome. yeah on what beacky says about trying to be a veggie when you are pregnant. may not work out so well. of course you may not crave meat and you can always supplement so pretty much do what you think is right. you will get pregnant. it is all a matter of God's time.

Becky Swann said...

Who's Beacky?

Heidi and Richard King said...

Oh...I loved reading it too. I would love to see you dance...I bet you were beautiful to watch! I am also excited that you guys are trying now. Practice make perfect(haha)...not really, like Sunday said, it is just in God's time. Patience is hard though! I'm with you on that. You will both be great parents!

Unknown said...

Wow, that was intense. I feel like I read your diary, which I love to do (one of my secrets).
Will be praying for you guys about the pregnancy, that can be hard to get neg. but know that it typically takes six months to a year. So, there you go, Yo fine.
I wanted to be a ballerina too, really badly, it's hard to give up a dream when people aren't knocking down your door.
I also loved to tell people I had ailments, like bad eyesight, little did I know I'd hate it when I actually needed them. Cruel joke.

MC and Brian Phillips said...

you guys are great! I should tell juicy secrets more often...Sunday, forgot I KNEW Christine Lakin went to Lovett. Small world.
Thanks y'all for all the support about the trying. This month I'm trying so hard not to over-think about it.
...and it is quite sound advice about the vegetarian thing. Love to all! mmmwa.

Anonymous said...

Aw, you two are trying to get pregnant! That is so exciting! Don't get stressed or impatient.. God has a timing and it will work itself out in His timing. I'll be praying for you as I have heard this time can be trying on patience! Much love!