Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alright, alright. I have been trapped in a whiz of pre-planning and boarding school what not. I have had a WONDERFUL first two days of school. I tell you what, having the first year of teaching behind me make a HUGE difference! Brian and I (who teach the same eighth graders during the day) both came in with a very planned out classroom management idea that we have been teaching the kids and it is SO wonderful! I think this year is going to be a huge success. I truly feel like a teacher and not just a girl trying to get through an English class smoothly. My classroom is all organized and painted the way I want it. I love that my classroom is in an old house. It is really a neato situation. The kids are so great. I have been dealing with the fact that I really think I will see this group of kids through successfully, and realizing that I kinda let down the first group of kids. It is kind of bothering me because I keep having these great ideas of how to be successful in the classroom this year....stuff I just never thought about last year.

On a very positive note, Brian and I were so thrilled to see a student return to ninth grade, one that was just about to leave our school mid year and join the military - he was totally unmotivated and didn't want to be at Rabun Gap, and by the end he decided he wanted to stay, made a big turn-around and it's hard to explain, but it is just that feeling of having reached a kid who might not have otherwise been successful. I hope for that to happen more and more.

okay, well I'm rambling on and on and I have no exciting photos to share, so I'm going to go bed now. I'm glad and hopeful to be back in the blogger world as things settle down. I have enjoyed reading all of your wonderful blogs.

Much love to all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm the first to comment. Yeah, it's because Becky's not feeling well these days.
Glad that things are going well. You and Brian as teachers, it's just so great. Growing our young ones up into ladies and gentlemen of upstanding knowledge. Wish I'de had as cool teachers as you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh MC! How exciting starting back and school and feeling good about it all! That is wonderful. DOn't stress about last years group either what you did or didn't do, just continue to grow in knowledge and know as Annie said you are a cool teacher! Sounds like fun actually!

Becky Swann said...

I know I'm off my a-game! it's ok it gives others a chance to come in first I can't always right? I am very proud of you and the fact that you are putting our major to good use. You've come a long way from the Fiction 100 days and I the orange juice story! those kids are very fortunate to have you as there teacher now that is an english class I wouldn't sleep through!

Sunday Grant Photography said...

i am sure that you are an amzing teacher. i wish that i had you for english. you teach in an old house. how cool. and you get to paint it the color that you want! awesome.