Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Who Vacations in Arkansas, You Ask??



We do! In fact, we had a really lovely time. It is very pretty there. Our kayaking was short-lived.
The water was EXTREMELY low, but Dexter was able to swim along with us on the Mulberry River. He was so worn out. The views and hiking were spectacular, though and we enjoyed the exploration. We even came accross this beautiful clear stream where Brian is taking a picture of me from a cliff. Doesn't it look like I'm flying??



We followed our Arkansas vacation with a weekend in Birmingham, Alabama, where Brian became officially certified to scuba dive. I just hung out with Dexter and shopped...I wish I had taken this course with him though. The place where they got to do their check-out dive was this awesome old pit mine filled with crystal blue water...and they had a high dive! I LOVE high dives!!!
Instead, I got swoop bangs.


what do you think? This isn't a great picture, but I am enjoying their swoopiness!


....and i figured i should throw in a goofy picture of Brian....it seems necessary and i just think this is the perfect photo to publicize!
Alas, now we are back home and getting ready to trudge back to school again. Summer has been heavenly. I don't want it to end!!

9 comments:

Becky Swann said...

your blogging makes me miss you...I love your goofy side and as a special treat I am going to advertise your blog on my next post!
You either look like you are flying or a dead body floating in the water.

Becky Swann said...

oh forgot...love love the swoopie bangs

Unknown said...

I never knew Arkansas was so beautiful, maybe we will go there for vacation sometime, maybe you have started a trend where everyone will start going there now. I want to go to that clear pool to fly too.
Dexter looks great.

Sunday Grant Photography said...

what a cool trip. see we woudl never even think to give arkansas a chance. but you did. you looked past all the things we thing about it and dove right in. i am proud of you. your flying picture is perfect.

MC and Brian Phillips said...

thanks guys. you all are the best. I miss you all!!

MC and Brian Phillips said...

yea, I agree Becky. It does look like a dead body...my legs are so pasty white!!! eeeew!

Jason and Jennifer Haynes said...

Ok, I could just copy and paste Becky's first comment! Agreed. I miss you so!...ok except disagree about the dead body (DB) I think you're flying, in fact I'm jealous because I really think you are and I'm not going to believe you can't! Love the "swoopiness" too!
Please fly over to hawaii so I can see it all in person!!! love you lots!

Niki said...

That's crazy. I just got back from visiting a friend who lives in Rogers, Arkansas. We drove through the Ozarks to get there and they really are beautiful! We also stopped in Birmingham, AL. I wonder if we passed on the highway...

Unknown said...

I'm ready for a new post you blogger. What's going on with those swoopy bangs?